In addition to the rules and obligations set forth in these T&C, customers are required to abide by the rules set forth in this Rules Schedule. By becoming a customer, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to abide by the rules set forth below. Failure to abide by this Rules Schedule may result in suspension or termination of your account and use of the Whizascoot service.
Who May Operate an eScooter?
- Only customers in good standing may operate an eScooter. Non-customers are expressly prohibited from operating an eScooter. Subletting or re-letting of the eScooter to another person, even to another customer, is expressly prohibited.
- Only persons over the age of 18 may become a customer and may operate an eScooter.
- A maximum of two persons may ride an eScooter at a time.
- Customers without a valid license are prohibited from renting an eScooter.
Whizascoot eScooters shall not be used as follows:
- By anyone not wearing a Helmet;
- To propel or tow any vehicle, trailer, or other object;
- To instruct any person in the operation of an eScooter;
- To ride in undesignated bicycle lanes;
- To carry a passenger if the driving licence held by the customer does not allow it (e.g. a Maltese driving licence Type “B” with “Code 111” shown on it)
- To transport animals of any kind or nature, living or otherwise;
- During a race, competition or to perform stunts or tricks;
- For the primary purpose of transporting people or goods for hire or reward, or operating a taxi or delivery service;
- By a customer while under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- During the commission of a crime or other illegal activity;
- In a negligent or abusive manner or for any use outside the scope of an eScooter’s intended purpose (violating a traffic law, or receiving a ticket in an accident is not automatically a violation of this provision, but may be an indication that a violation of this provision has occurred);
- By anyone who has provided Whizascoot with false information in order to become or remain a customer;
- To carry any hazardous goods or more than 20 kilograms of personal effects;
- While there is inclement weather, including heavy rain, electrical storms or strong winds, which make it more dangerous to operate an eScooter; or
- While texting, emailing, using a cell phone, or otherwise using a mobile device other than to operate the eScooter that may distract from driving safely or otherwise engaging in any activity that may be prohibited by law.
Reserving an eScooter
- Scooters are available to customers on a first-come-first-served basis via reservation on the Whizascoot app. Customers using an eScooter on a first-come-first-served basis will be billed for the time they use the eScooter according to the Rate Schedule.
- If a reservation is made available by Whizascoot, customers shall make such reservation via the Whizascoot app in advance of use and will be billed at the time of the rental, although not for the time of the 5-minute reservation. Customers may cancel or change an existing reservation via the Whizascoot app within five minutes after the reservation was made.
- The customer is to return the eScooter at a public location or any ctPark Car Park where it is authorized to be parked and is within the designated service areas which can be found on the mobile app.
- The customer must ensure that the eScooter retains sufficient charge to be returned to one of the Service areas. If the customer fails to do so, Whizascoot will apply a service charge as set out in Annex 1 to return the eScooter to one of the service areas.
- Prior to operating an eScooter, the customer is required to inspect the eScooter for any signs of damage and must inform Whizascoot immediately if any such damage is observed via the Customer Engagement Centre on +356 2099 5555. If the customer fails to inform Whizascoot, he/she may be liable for the costs incurred of repairing the eScooter. For the customer’s own safety, the use of an eScooter is prohibited if any of the following equipment is not in good working order: tires, brakes, lights and signals, or mirrors.
- Customers are responsible for all charges and costs incurred, and any damages, related to the eScooter from the time a customer activates an eScooter until it is returned and secured at its designated location in one of the service areas.
- The customer is responsible for any violations, including but not limited to traffic violations incurred, including fines for late payment and any processing fees, due to the customer’s use of an eScooter. The customer agrees to pay for all violations incurred. Such violations must be reported to Whizascoot as soon as reasonably possible, but in any event, in advance of the deadline to respond to the notice of violation. If the customer fails to pay for any violations incurred, and Whizascoot pays such violations, the customer agrees that Whizascoot may charge the customer’s payment method on record in accordance with the agreement.